2010年6月5日 星期六

A letter on this 4th Anniversary morn

My Dearest Friends,

Today is the 4th Anniversary of my little cottage.
Time flies, at a speed one seldom identifies.
Thank GOD! & Thank YOU!
Today I suddenly want to write something to you
(or more accurately, to myself too).
I have been experiencing too much here,
much more than I can imagine,
much more than I deserved to.....
It seems to me that my life has been melting,
reconfiguring & consolidating with all experiences
from different environments throughout years.

Thanks for being my friends originated here the cottage,
enriching my life though I can't do much for you in return.
Your physical, spiritual,
hide-in-silent supports means a lot to me.
It's funny to me that we only met in the cottage/bookfair,
a "trading corner" in the world,
how comes we develop to this stage?
Sometimes I enquire myself:
What makes this little cottage so fruitful?
I can't deny that it's not the books here,
though I once wanna be.
The answer inside my heart tells, that's LOVE,
overwhelming the so-called success, rights....
I can taste your love,
consideration and recognition here, deeply.
That's so precious, so wonderful and so unimaginable.

Really thanks! Special thanks to Venus, Milly, Pui, Canning, Laiwan, Kevin, Jacqualine, Rita, Stephenie, Mei Mei, Stella, Queenie, Memory, Alice, Yuen Man, Joanne, Vivian, Thomas, Tommy, Stephen, Melani....
Thanks to my family, for never claiming against my
"unsuccessful business". And even sometimes being my volunteer, graphic designer or "courier".
That's another form of recognition.
I know that many of you I mention here won't read this letter.
But I still would like to write it down,
just because I want to keep it...
in my mind... in my life... there are so many angels!

Love,
Hilda

4 則留言:

  1. Happy Birthday, to my dearest friend's little cottage!

    Love you, Hilda. :D

    回覆刪除
  2. How lovely you are to send this letter to us. I feel particularly
    flattered and honoured as I feel I often neglect you as day to day
    pettiness distracts me. However I'm delighted to note that my spiritual presence is important to you and you can count on me for help any time you need it. I do believe that people for the most part experience the things that they have earned and I would disagree that you have 'much
    more' than you 'deserved.'

    With a business it's not just the money and effort you put into it.
    There is an incalculable emotional investment, far more than most people put into ordinary jobs. When people go home they can forget their work. Not so if you run your old business. One of the miracles here is that
    you have not lost one little bit of your cheerfulness or optimism. Each day you are as fresh as you would be on your first day. This reveals inner reserves of strength, humanity and energy.

    To me, yourself and your book cottage are beacons in the darkness, an oasis of culture and love of the printed word in a desert. Sometimes we can despair that things are so fickle and shallow in society. However people are greater than this and will endure and create things that will
    prevail, because these people dare to make their dreams real. Nothing
    could be finer.

    Fond regards,
    Stephen.

    回覆刪除
  3. Thank God for sending an adorable friend like you to me.

    回覆刪除