2010年10月9日 星期六

84 Charing Cross Rd & The Elephant House

Saturday, 3PM. Just packed 10 boxes of books.
Not have lunch yet. A bit hungry. OK.
Forget the load of work first. I need energy!
Pick up "84 Charing Cross Road" & prepare to have tea.
Look into the letter box, a postcard therein.
Can't wait. Take it out and go to "Take a Break".

Here's the picture not being posted here.
A bookshop girl sitting at the very corner of a cafe,
glancing at "The Elephant House" & "84 Charing Cross Rd".
Of course... it's not "The Elephant House" cafe;
Of course... she's not J.K. Rowling, or Helene Hanff...
But the postcard and the book are in the same tone,
no matter in terms of appearence and sensation...
And, funny enough, the girl was drinking hot cocoa,
exactly what recorded in the postcard.
Interesting interception. Interesting feelings.

P.S. I wonder who knows what I'm talking about.
But who cares!

4 則留言:

  1. What's the penguin package underneath, I wonder?

    回覆刪除
  2. Believe it or not, a dozen of penguins.
    I wonder what u really wonder. Read "84 Charing Cross Road" during midnight, accompanying by the postcard (temporary bookmark)! Love the book, & love the crossover between the book/card so much!

    回覆刪除
  3. I love Penguins. Just wondering what are the titles.
    Just bought a Penguin popular classic version of The Happy Prince. It's very cheap!

    回覆刪除
  4. Too many titles in a box ma. I read The Happy Prince when I was a kid. It made me cry quite a lot! A secondary school girl once picked up The Happy Prince and assumed it's The Little Prince. The children now cannot even distinguish The "Little" Prince and The "Happy" Prince la.

    回覆刪除