2012年9月2日 星期日

10/8: Lake Tekapo to Mt. Cook

Do not want to leave this beautiful Lake Tekapo with regret, I woke up early automatically and then had a walk without hesitation. Along the lakefront, I walked through the village and reached the Church of the Good Shepherd, where a Collie Dog bronze statue was nearby. This stonemade little church is small but lovely in my eyes, simply because of its name, its being unsophisticated and the surrounding environment.

Just in time, I carried my bulky baggage breathlessly and caught the InterCity at 11:25am and headed to Mt. Cook. Honestly spreaking, for me there is nothing else to do except hiking in Mt. Cook (no need to use extra money ma). So.... I really hiked quite a lot in the national park.

After hiking, I went back to the hostel for today with bread and soup, intending to prepare my dinner. Lucky enough, there is no one else moved in my room. I again occupy a full room today. Haha! Sure win!

At night, I read and lay in the sofa of the rest room, in such a hea manner. Maybe it's the reason why a couple soon smiled at me. Their family in four came from Taiwan and would have a 1 month trip in South Island. After knowing my coming route, they reminded me a number of things to be aware of.

Most probably, I will stay 2-3 more days in South Island. I read from book today and identify that there is a place called Dunedin, where can go further to NZ Marine Studies Centre and see wild penguins and royal albatross (used to know it from national geographic and 愛與夢飛行). There is flight here from Dunedin to Auckland as well. I will head to Queenstown tomorrow. There will be more easy to grasp information and determine my route later on.

Too much hiking in these few days. Have to sleep a bit early la! Good night, Mt. Cook! Good night, all my dears!

沒有留言:

張貼留言