2012年9月2日 星期日

23/8: Taupo to Rotorua

 







I woke up in the early morning with a wish to visit Huka Fall, the fall I missed yesterday. However, knowing that it normally takes a round trip of at least 3 hours (let alone I was not sure about the direction and seldom meet the target time suggested) from the leaflet posted by the hostel, my plan had blown away. Since I had already booked the intercity to Rotorua at 10:15am, I felt a bit sad on that.

Anyway, I wanna spend the remaining time in Taupo to do something worthy in order to compensate my regret for not visiting Huka Fall. I talked to the receptionist and she recommended me to find the hot spring at the other end of lakefront. I took her advice and walked along the lakefront, the side I did not visit yesterday. It was lovely to see seabirds, ducks, black swans swimming peacefully in the morning.

After around 30 minutes walk, I finally found the hot spring. I sat at the rocks, took off my shoes and socks, and put my feet in the hot spring. It's really so hot but comfortable indeed, especially after my continuous walks day by day in NZ. As no body was there, I felt so relax and was extremely glad that I had such a wonderful moment... bathing my feet in hot spring, enjoying the sky with no limit, facing a sea-like lake, watching the black swan dancing show, hearing the whistling birds and lake tides... I could use all my senses to taste such a comprehensive feelings. Thank God for giving me such a comfortable moment that free of worry and doubt. Regret for Huka Lake... flew far far away.

I reached Rotorua at around 11:30am. After having lunch, I visited Kuirau Park, where containing a mass piece of thermal area. Walking down the Lake Road, I found the Maori Village with many hot springs everywhere. There were many ancient Maorist buildings attaching with totems.

At night, I went to Polynesian Spa for hot mineral bathing. It is one of the top 10 spa and offers 7 contemporary style mineral pools with lake view. Honestly speaking, I could see nothing about the lake, except the moon in the sky, penetrated the veil of hot spring smoke in the air and smiled at me.

Will be back to Auckland tomorrow night.So happy to have someone pick me up and no need to find and find, walk and walk la. Good night!

沒有留言:

張貼留言