2012年9月2日 星期日

13/8: Milford Sound

 

It took 4 hours from Queenstown to Milford Sound. During the journey, I saw manuka trees, sheep at the hillsides, high mountains, wild rivers, mirrored lake and even hanging glaciers! But most of all, the biggest surprise to me was to meet the wild kea, a species of bird living along the glacierline. I walked along the kea pointtrack at Mt. Cook 2 days ago but failed to meet it. Here the kea seemed to be quite aggressive, walked close to me and even bit my patpat!

After the long drive, I got into the cruise to visit Milford Sound and investigate this scenic wonders. In the middle of the trip, I found dolphins swimming in line with our cruise. Their appearance boosted up the moods of all around and everyone wanna take photos of them. Moving towards Stirling Fall, I was just standing below it. Being hit by the fierce wind and falling water from the Fall, I appeared like weird.

Returned back to Queenstown at night. I then lined up the queue at Ferburger, the must-eat recommended by Kevin. After waiting 45 minutes, a burger bigger than my face was in my hand. Holding the incredibly largest burger ever had, I wonder if I could really finish it?!

沒有留言:

張貼留言