2012年9月2日 星期日

29/8: Rongitoto Island



Visited Rongitoto Island today. It is an extinct volcano that erupted from the sea after series of explosions around 600 years ago.

I took a ferry at the Pier. After boarding, I walked along the tracks and tried to explore the volcanic craters. When I reached Rongitoto Summit, I took a seat and had my muffin. Here I could see the Auckland city and the habour. After having a good rest, I took out the map and continued my journey onward to lava cave. A girl together with her friends from Netherlands asked for a look at my map, we then made friends and visited the cave together. The cave was dark and I carelessly hit my head inside without finding lava. Don't worry, it didn't hurt.

There are over 200 species of native plants in the island. I found quite a lot of them, though I could not really name them.

Have to be back to HK tomorrow and really miss this lovely country. Luckily, I have pictures and wrote quite a lot in this journey that remind me the beautiful and memorable days here.

沒有留言:

張貼留言