2012年9月2日 星期日

24/8: Rotorua to Auckland

After having breakfast, I took a bus to Rainbow Spring, a place where one can meet NZ's unique wildlife, e.g. kiwi, tuatara, trout, etc. In this journey, my major target was to meet kiwi.

Without the ability to fly, kiwis are almost fightless and their activities usually carry in night-time. Generally speaking, night-time animals or birds normally have strong eyesight, however, kiwis haven't ! Their eyes are pretty small and eyesight is weak.

I have not checked any information, but I guess kiwis must be rather stupid. I saw a kiwi running from one corner to another but everytime it jumped at one end and hit its head. Haha! This unlike bird of bird seemed fail to learn from experience. I could not held smiling at it.

In the afternoon, I went to the thermal area of Kuirau Park. I took the last chance to allow my feet relax in the hot spring before leaving Rotorua.

At 8:00 pm, I finally arrived Auckland. My friend picked me up at the bus station and drove directly to Mt. Eden. On the mountain top of this volcano, I could see the scenery of the whole Auckland, under this starry and half-moon night. Indeed, I didn't expect to have any activities tonight in Auckland. This extra tour was definitely a bonus to me.

沒有留言:

張貼留言