2012年9月2日 星期日

17/8: Dunedin

Dunedin was established by a group of Scottish missionary. It has quite a similar smell as Edinburgh. I reached the Octagon and turned to the railway station direction. The station's kind of renaissance style building and gave me strong feeling of nostalgia. There were also many gothic style church around. I occasional discovered First Church, and prayed at the corner of the hall. It was so silent here and I were the only one in.

In the afternoon, I joined a wildlife tour to Otago Peninsula. Here I saw royal albatross flying and landing, though a bit far away, I was glad to see them finally (as the hostel receptionist told me it's only by chance in this season). I walked with 3 others and found there were quite a lot of sea lions nearby. Just around 10 feet away. I was a bit excited and quietly observed their action.

We soon went to the shoreside, hid in a hut, and watched the rare yellow-eye penguins returning from the sea. They were so funny, half hopping, half walking up the hill. Later on, we switched to the other side of the slope in order to visit fur seals. Since the slope was rather wet and steep, I fell down to the muddy ground and turned to be a mudman...

Anyway, it is an extraordinary experience to me, rather than simply having excitement and fun from game. Mudman.... no big deal la.

沒有留言:

張貼留言