2012年9月2日 星期日

16/8: Lake Wanaka


 

Unexpectedly, the weather is so good today. But I have to leave Wanaka this afternoon and cannot take the chance here for skydiving.... anyway.

In the morning, I went for a walk along Lake Wanaka. Facing the crystal blue lake, everything being so silent and peaceful. I accidentally turned on the hymn saved in my phone. I could feel I was completely embraced by my Heavenly Father, via the whistling wind, the fresh air, the picturesque environment, the hymn ....

After the walk, I went back to the hostel and met my roommate and then hiked out to Mt. Iron together. She came from Ireland and visited Wanaka to memorise her friend (passed away few mths ago), who used to swim in Lake Wanaka in winter.

The 360 degree scenery was amazing, with the lakes and basins fully surrounded by old gracier mountains. On the way return, I found two wild rabbits chasing. How lovely! Just like watching cartoon film!

Though love Lake Wanaka so much, I still have to say goodbye to her. I took a tour bus to Dunedin at 3pm and arrived in 7:30pm. Carrying my bulky baggage at night and knowing nothing about the direction to hostel, it finally took me 30 minutes to reach it. No air la!

沒有留言:

張貼留言