2012年9月2日 星期日

21/8: Wellington

I finally caught a flight from Queenstown to Wellington today. Unlike South Island, the buildings here in this capital city are much higher, though still less than 20 floors.

After leaving my baggage in hostel, I immediately rushed to the nearby supermarket to buy some food for lunch. Then I visited Te Papa Museum. It's lovely that the museum have quite a lot to investigate without any entry fee required.

After visiting the museum, I walked along Wellington Waterfront. It's the first time I was so freely to use wifi while walking here in NZ. Almost at the other end of the waterfront, I found the railway station, parliament and stadium were all nearby. I walked along a memorial trail with many graveyards at both sides. Many of the graves were quite elegant indeed, decorated by beautiful sculptures and daffodil.

At last I reached Wellington Botanic Garden. There were some specific gardens. As it was already turning dark, I only paid a visit to the herbs and rose garden.

Well, tomorrow will go northward to Taupo.

沒有留言:

張貼留言