2012年9月2日 星期日

22/8: Taupo

 



One of my roommates had thunderous snore yesterday night and thus I did not sleep well ... so a bit headache today. I took around 6 hours from Wellington to Taupo this morning and tried to insist being awake in order to capture the scenery outside. The landscapes of north island is quite different from south island, where carries much more high mountains, valleys and rivers. I saw lovely lingling sheep during the journey . For those who were familiar with Heidi cantoon may know what I am talking about. I liked that kind of lingling baby sheep since I was a little girl.

I reached Taupo at around 1:40 pm and then visited my first target - Super Loo!!! Guess what it is! It 's the luxurious public toilet in NZ. Haha!!!

I passed a park with a big chess game on the ground and found 2 kids were playing there. It recalled me a scene in Harry Potter (vol. 1 or 2?). It's at least the 5th time here in NZ recalling different books.

I walked along the lakefront. Lake Taupo is a volcanic craterlake and was formulated after the volcanic eruption many thousands years ago. It is the biggest lake in NZ and even the largest volcanic craterlake in the world. ln fact, it looks like the sea rather than a lake.

I ordered seafood chowder for lunch at the lake front, wanna to enjoy the view of this biggest volcanic craterlake. However, it then rained and I could only move to the inner part of the cafe.

After heaing for some time, I wanna go to Huka Fall then. I asked a lady how to get there and she seemed to be very surprised. She recommended me not to walk there as it's quite far away and it might turn dark at 6 something... Having the experience in Oamaru, I no longer took the risk, especially being told in advance.

Nothing to do then at around 5:20pm. I shopped at supermarket and went back to the hostel to check tomorrow's schedule. Ok... make it. I will try to visit the fall tomorrow morning and then caught intercity to Rotorua. So... I will arrive Auckland on 24/8.

沒有留言:

張貼留言