2012年9月1日 星期六

8/8: Christchurch

It rained almosts whole day long from midnight to noon. After having a long morning walk along the riverside and visiting the museum, I totally got wet. I decided to go back to the hostel at noontime in order to make a reservation for one more night.

In the afternoon, I visited the collapsed Cathedral during the earthquake last year. In fact, after the disaster costing 185 lives, there are many areas under recovery construction. Nevertheless , there are still lots of traditional British buildings and beautiful heritages in the city. I joined a tour bus to go up the hills and down the seaside for 2 hours, giving me a brief idea of the landscape here.

To avoid mind-floating too much, I finally purchased traffic package from i-site, though I still don't know if I can stay some more days or change the departure venue in South Island.

Well, I cannot deny I am a "Fook" as I again met a passionate old lady who served in i-site today. She told me that she loved backpackers, especially those individual young ladies !! Haha , I turned to be a cool Asian young lady in her eyes!!! I told her I had poor sense of direction and could not even read maps! She tried to find me the route I requested and arranged convenient hostels for me at a very good price.

Now somethings are fixed with her help!
9/8 - Christchurch to Lake Tekapo (1 nt)
10/8 - Tekapo to Mt. Cook (1nt)
11/8 - Mt Cook to Queenstown (3 nt)
13/8 - Queenstown n Milford Sound
14/8 - Queenstown ......

In this regard, I will leave this city tomorrow morning.

One thing wanna say here, I have to share the doom with some unknown people, including guys from today onwards..... Never have such experience and do hope I can still have good rest la. God bless!

沒有留言:

張貼留言