2012年9月2日 星期日

18/8: Dunedin to Oamaru

ldentifing there's a farmer market next to the railway station on this Sat morning, it turned to my first journey of the day before leaving Dunedin. The market was quite lively, with many different items on sale. I wanna buy some food but had to leave in the afternoon, so had to keep as handy as possible.

At around 1pm, I left this academic and architectural city and caught the bus to Oamaru. However, when I reached Oamaru, the reception of the hostel was close and I could not checkin either. I then left my bulky baggage in the kitchen and went to the supermarket nearby directly. Only after I finished my "lunch" at around 4:30, I could finally checkin. I wanna book a bus back to Queenstown tomorrow via hostel but failed as the receiption told me the hostel was indeed operating by individual and therefore could not provide facility/bus booking service. I wanna go to seek i-site's help, but it had already close as well. What I could do was only to wait until tomorrow.

I then walked to Oamaru Blue Penguin Colony and watched the blue penguins coming ashore (my only reason to Oamaru). It was pretty cold at the seaside, especially standing still in a winter night. I could see around 2x blue penguins back from the sea in an hour time.

After viewing the penguins coming ashore, it's already after 7:15 pm. The seaside was dark and silent, except the sound of seabirds, wave and wind. I was the only one here walking under the wind. I guessed no one would be as stupid as me, walking alone in the darkness at a place with no idea of.... and even worse was I did not have an electric torch either. I was a bit afraid that I could not find the way back to the hostel. I really dared not want to expose myself in the wind and alone in the darkness for a night. Thank God! I finally reached the street with light and I could gradually identify the way back.

Hope tomorrow can go back to Queenstown smoothly. God bless!

沒有留言:

張貼留言